Bacon and Herb Roast Turkey Breast
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Bacon and turkey are combined in this meal.
- 3 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked until crisp, drained and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp Emeril’s® Chicken Rub
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 5- to 6-lb. whole turkey breast, rinsed and patted dry
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a shallow roasting pan or baking dish with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the bacon, butter, garlic and Chicken Rub, then mix well.
- Using your fingertips, gently loosen the skin on both sides of the turkey breast so that it is separated from the flesh yet still attached near the breastbone.
- Divide the bacon-butter mixture in half and gently spread half between the skin and the flesh on each side of the breast. Season the outside of the turkey breast with the kosher salt and pepper. Using a basting brush, brush the turkey all over with some of the reserved rendered bacon fat and then place in the oven.
- Roast for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the deepest portion of the breast reads 165 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving.