Warm Potato Salad
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Potato salad with mustard, scallions and bacon.
- 2 lb small new potatoes
- 4 oz bacon (cut crosswise into strips)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 red pepper (thinly sliced)
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp Emeril’s® Kicked Up Horseradish Mustard
- 4 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Fill a 5-quart saucepan half-full of salted water and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer.
- Add potatoes. Cover; cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 25 minutes.
- Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle; halve.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the onions and peppers. Cook, stirring often, until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the vinegar and the mustard, and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the warm onion and pepper mixture. Add the scallions and season with salt and pepper.
- Add more vinegar to taste if necessary. Serve warm. Makes 4 to 6 servings.