Skip to content
Easy Onion Focaccia Recipe
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Yield: 1 large Focaccia Bread
- Focaccia with great Italian flavor.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tbsp Emeril’s® Italian Essence
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 15 x 10-in. jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large skillet over medium heat, in 3 tablespoons hot olive oil, add onion and cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until very tender.
- Unroll pizza crust onto prepared pan (crust will not reach to edges of pan). Use fingertips or the end of a wooden spoon to make small indentations over entire surface of dough.
- Spoon onion evenly over dough; sprinkle with Emeril’s Italian Essence. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes until golden brown, checking dough after about 5 minutes of baking and piercing any large air bubbles with a fork. Cool slightly.
- Cut into small squares for appetizer servings or into larger pieces as a meal accompaniment.