New Orleans Garlic Chicken
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- A New Orleans-style take on garlic chicken that will have your taste buds dancing for joy.
- 2 tbsp Emeril’s® Original Essence
- 5 slice white bread, crumbled
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup sour cream, optional
- In food processor combine garlic, cilantro and 1 tablespoon oil. Process until pureed. Set aside ½ mixture.
- Add Emeril’s Original Essence and bread, and process on high for 1 minute until well blended.
- Dip chicken breasts first in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat remaining oil and sauté chicken breasts until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add remaining cilantro mixture, lime or lemon juice, and wine.
- Deglaze pan and reduce mixture slightly. Pour over chicken.
- Serve with dollop of sour cream.