Emeril’s Portuguese Seafood Stew
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
- Clams, scallops and shrimp make up this tasty stew.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Emeril’s® Original Essence
- 16 oz of clam juice (2 8-oz bottles)
- 16 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 12 littleneck or other small clams
- 1 lb shrimp, raw and deveined
- 1 lb bay scallops
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp Kick It Up Red Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 loaf crusty bread
- Heat oil in large pot. Add garlic, onion and Emeril’s Original Essence, and sauté until slightly brown.
- Add clam juice, tomatoes and celery, and bring to boil.
- Add clams and cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until clams begin to open.
- Stir in shrimp, scallops, wine and pepper sauce and simmer for additional 3 minutes.
- Garnish soup with parsley and serve with bread.