Skip to content
Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- Chicken cacciatore with a kicked-up Emeril's flavor and fresh ingredients.
- 1 4-lb. whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tbsp Emeril’s® Original Essence
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Emeril’s® Organic Chicken Stock
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 lb pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Season chicken all over with 1 tablespoon Original Essence, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. (Reserve an additional 1 tsp. of Essence.)
- Put flour in a medium bowl, season with remaining teaspoon of Original Essence and dredge the chicken, coating completely. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown for 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from the oil and set aside.
- Add the onions to the Dutch oven and cook for 3 minutes until translucent, stirring as needed.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook 3 minutes longer. Add the garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, bay leaves, thyme, basil and crushed red pepper, and cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the wine, chicken stock and tomatoes.
- Add the chicken back to the Dutch oven, bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer until chicken is very tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve over pasta and garnish with cheese and parsley.