Simple Gaaahlicky Pot Roast With Steak Rub
Cook Time: 3 Hours, 15 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- A pot roast loaded with garlic.
- 3 lb boneless beef chuck roast
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 5 tsp Emeril’s® Steak Rub
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup Emeril’s® Organic Beef Stock
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 3/4 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Using the tip of a sharp paring knife, make 20 evenly spaced small slits about 1 1/2 inches deep all over the pot roast. Using your fingers, insert the garlic cloves as deep into the meat as possible.
- Using a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon, spoon 1/4 teaspoon of the steak rub into each slit along with the garlic.
- Heat a Dutch oven over high heat. Add the oil and, when hot, add the roast and sear until well browned on all sides, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Add the stock, cover the pot, reduce the heat to low/medium-low and cook the roast until it is very tender, about 3 to 3 1/2 hours, turning 2 or 3 times while cooking. Check occasionally to make sure that there is always a little liquid on the bottom of the pan. If necessary, add more water or stock.
- Serve immediately over cooked pasta, steamed white rice or creamy grits.