Skip to content
Some Real Good Beef Chili
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
- A hearty, wholesome beef chili that will satisfy any chili lover's appetite.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp Emeril’s® Original Essence
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 15 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cup Emeril’s® Organic Beef Stock
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add meat and stir with a spoon to break up the pieces. Cook, stirring, until meat is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, chili powder, Emeril’s® Original Essence, salt, cumin and pepper. Cook, stirring until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Place the whole tomatoes in a large mixing bowl and squeeze them with your hands to break them into pieces.
- Add the squeezed tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and stock to the pot. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent chili from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Remove the pot from the heat, ladle chili into bowls and serve.