- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4-6 cups
- Risotto with spinach, cheese and white wine.
- 6 cup Emeril’s® Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (diced small)
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 3 cup fresh spinach leaves (packed)
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a simmer.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the onions. Cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the wine, stir, and cook until completely reduced.
- Ladle in 4 to 6 ounces of the hot stock and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is completely absorbed by the rice.
- Repeat this process until rice is al dente and creamy, usually 18 to 20 minutes. (You may have a little stock left over.)
- Remove the rice from the heat and add the butter, Parmesan cheese and spinach. Stir to combine, then season with salt and white pepper to taste. Makes 1 quart (4 to 6 cups).