Emeril’s One-Pot Chicken and Rice
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- A chicken and rice soup with a homey, hearty taste and a touch of Emeril's.
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
- 1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb large bone-in chicken breast halves, each cut crosswise in half
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cup Emeril’s® Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tbsp Emeril’s® Original Essence
- Heat oil in heavy 5-quart saucepan and cook chicken skin-side-down over medium-high heat 5 minutes, or until skin is well browned. Turn chicken and add onion to pot.
- Cook 5 minutes longer, or until breast pieces are browned on the other side and onion is tender-crisp. Add remaining ingredients to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender.