Skip to content
Spicy Shrimp Linguine Recipe
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- A spicy shrimp linguine that's easy to make, with a sauce inspired by Chef Emeril.
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb frozen shelled and deveined large or extra-large shrimp, thawed
- 2 tbsp Emeril’s® Original Essence
- 1/2 cup small onion, chopped
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 lb linguine, cooked according to package directions
- In a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, in hot olive oil, cook shrimp and 1 tablespoon Emeril’s Original Essence until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove shrimp to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir onion into oil remaining in saucepan; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce and remaining tablespoon Essence; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in shrimp; heat through.
- Spoon hot linguine onto plates; top with sauce. Makes 4 to 6 main-dish servings.